You’re nearly 1/3 through 2015. It is time to review, before another year has ticked by. Yesterday I delivered this powerful message to the SB Alliance business club.
Answer these questions and make your own list, consider:
- What’s going well and what’s not?
- How have you been doing?
- What do you need to do to meet / beat your 2015 goals?
- When will you set some quality time aside for your review?
Review you first 4 months and ask:
- Are you happy with what you have achieved?
- What’s going well?
- Can I do more of it?
- What’s not right and needs fixing?
- Where’s the room for achievement?
- Can I quantify what I want to achieve?
- What needs to be put in place?
- Are your sales going in the right direction?
- Is your profit in line?
- How’s the bank balance?
- Do you need more customers?
- Is your marketing working or does it need re-targeting?
- What’s your plan?
What actions you need to take:
- Check your list
- Write down what you need to do
- Produce your plan
- Schedule specific and measurable activities
- Diarise for 4 months time and review again
- Once completed it’s time for a treat!
As Henry Ford said “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” None of us are driving around in a Model T Ford or even a Ford Anglia.
Ask you self:
- Is your clock ticking – will time run out?
- Is it time for improvement?
- Want to move the clock forwards?
- Need to book your Business Review?
Attendees Rakesh Dua and David Baum kindly pointed out this process is much easier if you go through the review with an impartial party or mentor.