The holiday season is critical for many companies, not just those in retail. So let’s make the most of it, and end 2015 on a happy high!
Work the Room with Purpose
If you attend a lot of holiday parties (business or social), how do you make the most of them to build your business? Here are 16 tips to work the room profitably:
- Make sure you have plenty of business cards (I was at a meeting last night and 20% of the guests didn’t have a card!). Keep some spares in your wallet or purse.
- Have an opening line
- Develop and practice your 30 second commercial (elevator pitch)
- Do research before you go as who want to talk to
- Have a list of “get to know you” questions
- Develop a list of idea generator topics (small talk)
- Queue up and chat to those in the queue
- Take a deep breath and dive into a group
- Look for a designated greeter or host
- Approach people standing alone
- Show up early, stay late
- Introduce yourself to the speaker
- Start a conversation with your dinner partner
- Have an exit strategy
- Set a goal for every event you attend
Need business help?
Perhaps to develop your elevator pitch or follow up email, please contact me on 07973 361 994 or LB@thebsp.co.uk